The Participant Experience
In Tier 2, participants are required to complete the core sessions under each category, as well as select one set of thematic electives to couple with the varied core sessions.
- Core (required) sessions are scheduled prior to the start of each academic year. Participants should regularly visit the LEAD sign-up page and schedule themselves for sessions to be guaranteed a spot.
- Elective (participant choice) sessions are scheduled prior to the start of each academic year and also added and advertised as necessary. Events will be posted to the LEAD Calendar and also to the LEAD sign-up page if registration is required.
- Reflection Credit: Remember that most sessions require a follow-up reflection.
- Core Workshops – three pre-selected topics below
- Strengths Quest Part II (1.5 hours)
- Group Process & Theory (1 hour)
- Listening Effectively (1 hour)
- Elective Workshops – complete the following as a set
- Facilitating Discussion
facilitation & team Building
- Core Sessions – two pre-selected sessions below
- APPLES (3 hours)
- Elective Sessions– complete the following as a set (1 hour/experience)
- Facilitate a team building activity with a group you are a part of (club/org, res hall, study group) and reflect on the process, roles taken on by group members, etc.
- Facilitate a team building activity with a group you are not a part of and reflect on the process, roles taken on by group members, etc.
- Core Sessions – complete and reflect upon service experience (20 hours)
- Service & Leadership 101(1 hour during fall term)
- Community Service (complete 19 additional hours)
- Within hours you must: (a) attend 1 Bonner, APO, or NSL meeting and (b) bring a non-LEAD friend to serve with you
- Remember to log your hours in the Community Engagement Log
- Write a two page paper upon completion of service hours. Explore the changes in your site between start to finish, discuss your learning and growing as a volunteer, and identify one experience that required you to draw on one of the required workshops.
- Core Sessions – complete two pre-selected sessions below
- Round table Discussion – Topic: diversity / multicultural competency (1 hour)
- Case Study – Topic: group conflict & decision making (2 hour session)
- Elective Sessions – two additional speaker or round table events of your choice (does not have to be hosted by LEAD). Pre-approved conference experience may count. Complete reflection.
Track your progress
- Personalized Checklist: *Link coming soon*. Participants are encouraged to review their checklist throughout the year and email email@example.com if they have concerns.